Simple is great
December 8, 2010
— brown sugar, caramel, cinnamon, Dessert, fruit, grapefruit, healthy dessert, honey, ingredient of the month, Ingredients
Simple can be not just good but great.
Simple foods have an amazing capacity to surprise!
I caught this dish coming out of the oven for about 5 seconds on Lucinda Scala Quinn’s show ‘Mad Hungry‘ last week and it looked great.
Here is my version of Baked Grapefruit:
- 2 heaping tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pink grapefruit (makes 2 portions)
1. Turn your oven onto high broil and preheat.
2. Cut grapefruit in half and prick each piece with a fork. Drizzle with honey.
3. Mix cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle in a heap on top of each piece of grapefruit.
4. Broil for 5 minutes.
5. Enjoy the tart-baked-sugar crust contrast. In a word – YUM!