Kale chips with sage salt
Kale chips – what could be easier and healthier? An addictive and nutritious snack that is that rare instance of something being good for you and tasting great too.
Let’s mix it up a little bit with the addition of sage salt (from a recipe by Melissa Clark).
- 5oz mixed kale (black, green, purple), washed, cut, and dried
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 large sage sprigs (about 8 leaves)
- 1 t coarse sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Toss kale leaves in olive oil so everything is well coated. Layer right on a large baking sheet. Place the sage leaves next to the kale.
3. Bake sage for about 10 minutes and remove. Bake kale until crispy but still vivid green (purple etc.), about 15 minutes.
4. Crumble sage in a small bowl and mix with the coarse salt. Sprinkle salt over the kale.