Asparagus and smoked mozzarella grilled cheese
April 25, 2012
— asparagus, Cheese sandwich, grilled cheese, ingredient of the month, Ingredients, Lunch, mozzarella, smoked mozzarella, spring onion
Some things are simply great, and this grilled cheese sandwich is definitely one of those things.
You’ll need (serves 2):
- 2 large slices multigrain panini bread
- 6 stalks asparagus, trimmed
- 2 spring onions
- 4 thick slices of smoked mozzarella cheese.
- 2 T olive oil
- salt, pepper
1. Heat up a grill pan and set you oven to broil. Toast the two pieces of bread.
2. Grill the asparagus and spring onion with 1 T olive oil and good pinch of salt, until bright green and just a bit tender.
3. Grate one slice of the smoked mozzarella over each piece of toast, then thinly slice the rest and layer on top.
4. Once the veggies are ready, set aside the spring onion (it will burn under the broiler) and arrange the asparagus on top of the cheese. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
5. Broil for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted and getting golden. Add spring onion – leaving it whole – and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Eat it while it is gooey and hot!