Bok choy and asian pear cole slaw
April 27, 2012
— asian pear, bok choy, Chinese cabbage, cole slaw, Lunch, Olive oil, pear, Salads, sour cream, yogurt
This salad – an Asian-inspired cole slaw – is that unexpected hit, a combination of flavors and ingredients that everyone at the table will find exciting.
- 3 baby bok choy
- 1 asian pear
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 t herbes de provence
- salt, black pepper
1. Peel the asian pear and slice it into thin matchsticks.
2. Chop the bok choy (both green and white parts) and mix with the pear. Season generously with salt and a bit of pepper.
3. Make the dressing: in a bowl, whisk together yogurt, sour cream and herbes (you can also use a bit of fresh chives – delicious), adding in a little bit of olive oil at a time. You should get a thicker dressing that still has a good consistency for mixing so, if your yogurt was thicker, maybe add a little more olive oil to the mix. Taste for seasoning, add a little bit of salt and pepper.
4. Combine the salad with the dressing and you have your crunchy cole slaw.