Peach and cheddar grilled cheese sandwiches
August 1, 2012
— bread, cheddar, cheese, Cheese sandwich, grilled cheese, Grilling, honey, Jersey, Lunch, peach, Sourdough
Easy, simple, beyond delicious – all you need for lunch today!
I have no other way to describe this peach and cheddar grilled cheese sandwich than gooey-golden good.
- 1/2 ripe but firm Jersey peach
- 4 large slices of aged cheddar
- 2 thick slices of sourdough bread
- 1 t dark honey
- 1 t balsamic glaze
- butter or vegetable oil (for grill pan)
1. Heat up butter or oil in grill pan to high heat. In the meantime, slice peach thinly.
2. I like to toast bread first before grilling, but you can omit this step if you’d like. On each piece of bread, layer cheese, top with peach slices and a drizzle of honey and balsamic glaze. Put sandwich together.
3. Grill for about 5 minutes on each side, pressing down with a press or just a pot/casserole top, until cheese has melted and bread is crispy and browned. Serve immediately, with a tiny bit more honey on top.