January 30, 2013
— Camargue, Camembert, cheese, Dinner, figs, honey, Markets, nuts, roasted, Snacks, Valentine, Valentine Day, walnuts
There is nothing quite as delicious as melty, gooey cheese with the added sweetness of honey.
I actually think messy food is romantic. Perhaps, not on a first date, but it usually helps make everyone feel at ease and introduces a giggle or two.
Tips: This is a fun recipe for experimenting with flavors – you can use different nuts, fruit (figs are terrific here), or honeys. Garlic too, though probably not for Valentine’s Day:).
In terms of roasting this in the oven, if you camembert does not come in a wooden box, please take it out of the box and bake it in an earthenware or terracota type dish.
- 1 round camembert
- 1 tsp fig preserves
- 1 tsp light honey
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- a splash of white wine
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Take the cheese out of its box and remove all paper or other wrapping. Place back into box or the dish you are using.
2. Pierce cheese with a fork in a few places. Drizzle with white wine and honey.
3. Smear top with fig preserves and top with walnuts.
4. Replace the lid or cover with foil. Bake for about 20-30 minutes until bubbly, sticky, and hot.
Perfect with a side of baguette.