Figs and chorizo
July 30, 2013
— almonds, aperitif, balsamic vinegar, chorizo, fig, figs, Olive oil, pimento, spain, spanish, stuffed figs, tapas
The juxtaposition of spicy and sweet flavors is so appealing and, yes, even a little addictive.
Tips: For a variation, marcona almonds would also be a wonderful addition to this dish.
Figs stuffed with chorizo
- about 1/4 lb of chorizo
- 1 cup of fresh figs
- olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pimento d’espelette (Spanish chili powder)
- 2 T light amber honey (whatever variety you like)
- about 4 T balsamic vinegar
1. Cube the chorizo – for my variety, this meant cutting it into quarters. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil. Butterfly the figs by cutting them crosswise and opening them up like little flowers.
3. Season figs with pimento – use just a bit, on the tip of your knife – and salt. Stuff with chorizo.
4. Drizzle with balsamic, a little olive oil and honey and bake for about 25 minutes until syrupy and golden.