The ultimate power breakfast that takes less than ten minutes to prepare – meet my new favorite thing, the oatmeal breakfast bowl.
You know by now that I am a big believer in making time for breakfast, whenever possible, and now, there is really no excuse not to prepare this delicious breakfast bowl that will be ready in the same time that it may take you to pick an outfit this morning.
The oatmeal is just a little sweetened by the fruit, with flavors punched up by a sunny egg yolk and sprinkling of savory cheese. Everything you love in one easy breakfast bowl!
Oatmeal breakfast bowl
- 1/2 cup quick cook steel cut oats
- 1 egg
- 1 T freshly grated parmesan
- 5-7 apple chips (make your own apple chips!)
- 1 t good olive oil (I used ILA’s evoo)
- Prepare the steel cut oats according to package instructions. You can also make them the night before, if they are not the quick cook variety. That would be better, but does require a bit more planning!
- Once the oatmeal is ready and in your serving bowl, crack an egg carefully on top of it. At this point, I like to cook the egg gently in the microwave, on medium power, for about 45 seconds to a minute (depending on your microwave).
- Once the egg white is set, remove the oatmeal from the microwave.
- Layer apple chips on top, grate some parmesan and add a teaspoon of good olive oil. Serve immediately.