Peach month continues!
This salad is a wonderful summer surprise and a unique take on my beloved green papaya salad.
So, pick the firmest peaches you can find, find some beautiful green heirloom tomatoes, and grab a bunch of aromatic fresh basil (Thai basil would be great too).
Green tomato and peach salad
- 2 barely ripe, firm peaches
- 1 green tomato
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 T olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 t fresh red chili (optional)
1. Slice the peach and tomato thinly. Whisk together lime juice and olive oil (and chilis, if using).
2. Layer and roll up the basil leaves, then run your knife through them lightly – you’ll get a light chiffonade, perfect for scattering.
3. Dress salad and serve immediately while everything is crunchy and fresh.