Happy Thanksgiving, friends!
There is so much to be thankful for this year. Life is not perfect, but that makes me extra grateful for everything that we have, the food we are about to enjoy, and the people I get to share it with today.
It’s important to be able to take a break from the everyday hustle and bustle, quiet your brain, get your hands busy baking, brining, and braising.
We have already had our festive brunch, took a long walk along the lake, and are congregating in the kitchen waiting for the start of the parade.
Tonight’s menu includes:
– a light spinach, pomegranate and parmesan salad
– maple glazed roasted carrots with cumin yogurt and pumpkin seeds
– a parsnip and sweet potato gratin with sage and wholegrain mustard
– honey-mustard glazed heritage turkey
– cranberry and orange sauce
– triple apple cake and upside down cranberry cake