So why not also make the weekends a time to set yourself up for the week with wholesome cooking?
I think it’s a great Sunday night activity and, giving it a bit of a head start this week, am excited to introduce the new “Wholesome weekends” series.
These kale and shrimp croquettes are easily satisfying, fun and surprising – enjoy!
Kale and shrimp croquettes
(Adapted from Elle à table)
-3 cups shredded kale
– 1 egg
– 2 T whole wheat flour
– 1/3 cup water
– 1 T sriracha (optional, if you don’t like spice)
– olive oil
– 6 large shrimp (tails on)
– salt, pepper
1. Shred the kale and cut it very finely – you can use a minichopper or do it by hand – and put in a large bowl.
2. Mix kale well with egg, flour, water, and seasonings.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan, and use soup spoon to scoop the kale mixture and form it into patties. Flatten slightly with the back of the spoon.
4. Place patties – you can do a few at a time – into the pan and top with whole shrimp. Cook for 5 minutes on each side and serve immediately.
This would also be nicely accompanied by a sriracha aioli, if that’s something you think you’d like.