Spiced butter is delicious on its own accord, but combined into a hot spiced butter rum, it’s the comforting warm beverage hug you didn’t know you needed this winter! And yes, everything is better with butter.
It’s been a while since we have had a drinks post around here and, to be honest, outside of a glass of wine or a hot chocolate, I have not been getting that creative in that department of late. But that is about to change!
This maybe seems like a lot of butter – so, I would also use it in other ways. It can go on toast or on fruit too (how amazing would it be with the pan roasted persimmons?)
- 0.5 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- .25 cups of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 shot of dark rum
- 1 cup hot water
- In a small bowl, beat together butter, sugar, vanilla and spices.
- In a large glass (or glass mug!), mix together rum and 2 tablespoons of spiced butter mixture. Top with hot water and stir well to combine.
- Serve hot, of course!
Serve this hot, hot, hot. And, what can I say? It drinks very smooth – that’s butter for you!