Oliviers&Co’s organic Summer Olive Oil, Pago de Peñarrubia from Spain made from Picual olives, inspired me to make a punchy new pesto recipe, one that instantly transports you to the Mediterranean coast.
Try the pesto served with fresh pasta, eggs, or smeared on toast and topped with some radishes.
- 1.5 cups fresh sorrel
- 2 cups spinach
- 0.3 cup shelled, unsalted pistachios
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Wash and chop all of the greens roughly before combining them with the pistachios and the olive oil in a food processor.
- Pulse/grind to combine, adding a little bit more olive oil, as needed, as you go along.
- Taste, season well with salt and pepper.
- Note: Since this pesto doesn’t have any cheese in it, it will keep covered in the fridge for 5-6 days and/or freeze well.
I love how the nuts in the pesto pick up on the subtle nutty notes of the olive oil as well, such great compliment to each other.
The olive oil is silky and golden and is also wonderful as a finishing oil on salads or bread.
ps. How gorgeous (and instantly giftable!) is Oliviers&Co’s specially-designed, reusable bottle? It’s inspired by the colors of Mediterranean Sea, sun, and air.
Product was provided for editorial consideration. Opinions are my own.