Is there an art to setting the table or should you just follow your instincts and do whatever you like?
I like to think that it’s a combination of both. You want your table setting to reflect YOU, your family, and your way of celebrating the holidays. Still, there is a simple formula to making it easy + getting it right every time.
- FLATWARE – Put the fork on one side, knife and spoon on the other with knife blades always facing the plate
- PLATE(S) – This may seen obvious, but stack them in the order that guests will be using them
- GLASS(ES) – One for water, one for drinks
- NAPKIN – The napkin goes to the left of the fork or on the plate
- THEN ANY PRETTY THINGS and/or PLACE CARDS – Just make sure it does not get in the way of the food