A mid-January jaunt to Paris is just the ticket to get past any new year’s blues, and I’ve been plotting a getaway.
I want to wander the boulevards, snack on crackling baguettes with salty butter, and watch the winter sun go down over the Champ de Mars.
Also on my list (ideas picked up from the book I am packing with me, see below!): a visit to La Maison du Miel, the oldest honey shop in Europe (this is Saffron & Honey, after all!), and to the Musee Grevin’s spectacular Palais des Mirages.
Here’s what I am packing with me (clockwise from right):
- A three pack of my favorite, soft and lightly distressed LNA t-shirts.
- High rise dark jeans from Madewell – they go with everything.
- My Nike sneakers come everywhere with me and make those long walks around Paris much more enjoyable.
- Travel toiletries are a weakness of mine and this set from Grown Alchemist is coming with me.
- A red lip adds instant polish and this color balm from Noto is super easy – use on cheeks & lips.
- The abovementioned book, Ma Vie A Paris by Astier de Villatte, is top of my packing list.
- A tote bag for market days and carry-ons, with a New Yorker touch.
- The Cleo sunglasses from the new Warby Parker collection to complete the look – I love their lightness and feel.
- This blazer, a twist on the layering classic, from H&M, is easy to pack and steam in the shower – and it’s on sale!