These parmesan muffins were one of the hits of our holiday table this season, and I can’t wait to share the recipe with you!
I added lots of spring onions and other herbs and served them at Christmas dinner, and these mini-muffins made for a perfect addition to the bread plate. They’re almost like a little cheese biscuit. You could, of course, also serve them for brunch or breakfast – they are an easy savory side.
I am thinking of making them to go with tomato soup next.. stay warm, everyone!
- 1.5 cups AP flour
- 1 egg
- 0.3 cup (+maybe a little more) milk
- 0.3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon white pepper
- 0.5 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 0.3 cup chopped spring onion or chives
- 0.3 cup grated parmesan cheese (+ a little more for topping, optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare mini muffin cups or tins and space them out on a baking sheet.
- It's important not to over-mix this batter! First, sift together the dry ingredients and spices. Then mix in egg, oil, milk, and fold in the cheese - just until combined. If batter seems a little dry, add a touch more milk.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups - about 2 tablespoons of batter in each. Top with extra spring onions and/or cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown on top. So more-ish!