Here is a new cocktail party snack for you – I think rhubarb pairs incredibly well against the creamy ricotta, with a little bite of the pepper and vinegar.
- 1 lb rhubarb, trimmed, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 loaf of bread
- a tub of fresh ricotta cheese
- 5 T honey
- 1 t balsamic vinegar
- 1 t pink peppercorns
- olive oil
1. Cook rhubarb with honey on medium heat 6-8 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb is very soft and just starting to fall apart.
2. Add vinegar and peppercorns. Let cool while flavors combine.
3. Toast bread – french bread or I even like the nuttiness of walnut bread for this – sprinkle or brush with a little olive oil, spread ricotta, and top with rhubarb.