A perfect late summer alfresco bite – these delicate zucchini flowers really blossom (pun intended) with a savory ricotta filling and a powerful punch of kimchi mayo. Crispy and subtly sweet, the stuffed zucchini flowers take on the heat of the sauce and run with it.
I used Lucky Foods Kimchi Mayo – a family recipe! – and it added so much more flavor here than something like a traditional aioli.
The stuffing is an easy mix of fresh ricotta, lemon zest, and everything bagel seasoning.
Use your favorite oil with a high burn point to pan fry the zucchini flowers – it should only take a few minutes on each side – and serve hot, hot, hot!
- 6-8 zucchini flowers, depending on size (go for the bigger ones!)
- 6 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 0.5 teaspoon everything bagel seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kimchi mayo
- good frying oil
- Wash the zucchini flowers well and open them up gently to dry on a kitchen towel.
- In a small bowl, gently mix the ricotta, lemon zest, and the seasoning.
- Fill each zucchini flower with about one tablespoon of filling, then "seal" it back up.
- Fill a deep, heavy pan with about a quarter of an inch high amount of your favorite frying oil (I used avocado) and bring to a a sizzle.
- Pan fry the stuffed zucchini flowers for about 3 minutes on each side. They should be light and crispy.
- Drizzle and/or dip into the kimchi mayo.
A little bite of summer with a lot of flavor!
Lucky Foods products were provided for a recipe contest.