February 17, 2013
— 17 Comments
I hosted a lovely brunch get-together yesterday, with a simple, delicious menu that included freshly baked granola.
Wholesome, full of crunchy and sweet and salty flavors, it’s positively addictive.
Tips: I served the granola with greek yogurt, laced with fresh lemon curd and honey, but it is equally delicious with some almond milk and fresh berries.
Hope everyone is having a beautiful, brisk weekend!
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3 T sunflower seeds
- 3 T sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup dark maple syrup
- 1 T raw sugar
- 1/2 t fleur de sel
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1/2 cup salted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup red walnuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. In a bowl, combine all of the above ingredients.Spread evenly on the baking sheet.
3. Bake the granola, ‘raking’ it with a fork every 10-15 minutes, for about 40 minutes until golden-brown.
4. Let cool as the granola crisps up.