Get ready for any holiday or party with this #Foodland5 Mango Coconut Slice recipe that I developed for Foodland Hawaii. Foodland5 recipes are a special challenge because they only use 5 ingredients!
This mango coconut slice is a winning recipe because it comes together so easily, freezes overnight and then becomes a beautiful centerpiece at your next gathering that you just slice and serve. I just love the combination of pistachios, mango and haupia (coconut pudding) – they are such complimentary flavors that, together, make for a perfect dessert.
- 1.5 quart carton Roselani Haupia ice cream
- ½ cup Maui Fruit Jewels Mango Purée
- ½ cup Maikai unsalted No Shell Pistachios
- ⅓ cup Maikai Coconut Chips
- 10-12 thin slices of fresh mango
- Take the ice cream out a little bit in advance so that it has time to soften up.
- In the meantime, toast the pistachio nuts in a pan on low-medium heat until just fragrant. Take off heat and cool.
- Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Spoon ice cream into the prepared loaf pan, alternating spoonfuls with scoops of pistachio nuts. Reserve a few nuts for topping.
- Smooth the top with an offset spatula or a butter knife, then cut a slit down the middle and pour in the mango purée. You can swirl it a bit on top with the spatula/knife as well, if you want.
- Top with coconut chips, fresh mango slices and reserved pistachios. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 8-10 hours or overnight.